Did you know that counties changed their ward-by-ward reported election results by 17,681 votes in the recount? Yep, they did. In-depth reporting on the results of the recount is only one of the topics at next weekend’s Voting Justice and Democratizing Elections Conference at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Student Union. Join Jill Stein and national & state democracy activists for a weekend of information and organizing to protect our right to self-government!
Documentary director Jason Grant Smith will be on hand Saturday night to present his award-winning movie, “I Voted?”
Plenary sessions will discuss the Recount and what we learned; redistricting; and campaign finance. Activists and experts will lead breakout sessions with topics, including:
- Voting machine vulnerabilities and safeguards;
- Verifying election results;
- Updates on Voter ID action;
- Racial discrimination in elections;
- Corporate personhood rights;
- Ranked Choice Voting;
- Open Debates and the Influence of the Media; and
- the Electoral College and the National Popular Vote.
For more information and to register, visit